Music is complex, so let's make it simple.
The Musical Architects Online Course is a blueprint that will guide you step by step through the writing and production process of creating a professional recording.
(-> I use and recommend LOGIC PRO for this course but the concepts are universally applicable for most styles and DAWs)
Why I created this course
If you’re anything like me you spent countless hours and trials and errors trying to get the sound that’s in your head into the real world.
There are not enough hours in the day to watch all the youtube videos that seem intriguing. But in the end you just have to do it and that’s why I created hands-on tutorials that will save you time and aggravation by guiding you step by step from the basic idea to the final mix, so that you can get to release your own unique style of music.
Who I Am:
Hi, my name is Marc Dold and I have done it thousands of time - for major artists, movies and TV-shows as well as my own indie releases.
Now let me help you translate your musical ideas into releasable productions.
You have music in you so stop making demos and re-listening to ideas of potential greatness and finish your own music productions on a level you can be proud to show it to the world.
Learn at your own speed with more than 9 hours of hands-on videos
Laid out in 12 sections that create a blueprint that works in almost any style for your future songs
What you will learn:
We will cover the six areas you need to master in order to become masterful songwriters and producers including:
- making a beat
- writing an emotive and interesting chord progression
- crafting strong melodies and hooks
- creating your own unique sound palette
- mixing and mastering your song
What knowledge is required?
Knowing the basics of a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) like LOGIC PRO (preferred and used in the class), Pro Tools, Ableton, etc. It’s helpful to have good, basic computer knowledge, basic song-writing skills, and the ability to play simple chords on a keyboard and/or guitar. But, good ears can make up for a lot.
Musical Architects starts easy but goes deep into the process of creating a professional production.
WATCH THE PREVIEWS TO SEE IF THIS IS FOR YOU->
What students say:
This course is "Gray's Anatomy" for Music production and Songwriting. Compulsory. (Niall K)
I'm only halfway through the course and it has already exceeded my expectations. (Colin C)
This is a great course, my music production skills are now better than ever. (Daniel R)
His tips and techniques are useful and insightful. (Howard H)
Simply explained and so easy to understand. Thank you. (Gavin B)
Marc takes you along every step of the songwriting and production process in depth, with clarity. (Stephanie Y.)
From hereon I will be thinking very differently about the material I write. Thank you, Marc. (Mick Q)
Marc is a fantastic teacher, both in delivery and content. This course has made me a much more confident music creator. I highly recommend this course. (Andrew R)
it has truly became the solid foundation of my music career. (Xiaoqi Z)
- MA Section 3a - Intro: Building A Groove (3:38)
- MA Section 3b - Understanding The Grid (5:52)
- MA Section 3c - Step Programming A Beat (7:44)
- MA Section 3d - Separating The Drum Elements (7:50)
- MA Section 3e - Borrowing Ideas: Using loops and reference tracks for inspiration (5:40)
- MA Section 3f - Spicing it Up (6:21)
- MA Section 10a - The Art Of Vocal Production (2:48)
- MA Section 10b - The Advantage Of Busses For Easy Mixing (8:06)
- MA Section 10c - Basic vocal effects 1: EQ & DeEsser (6:16)
- MA Section 10d - Basic Vocal Effects 2: Compressors (8:55)
- MA Section 10e - Vocal Tuning: How Much Is Right? (8:46)
- MA Section 10f - Let’s Make Some Space (Reverbs) (9:28)
- MA Section 10g - Fun With Delays (8:35)
- MA Section 10h - 3 Styles Of Vocal Production (3:54)
- MA Section 10i - Breakdown #1: Acoustic Version (8:46)
- MA Section 10j - Breakdown #2: Alternative Version (14:28)
- MA Section 10k - Breakdown #3: Electronic Version (5:42)
- MA Section 11a - The Power Of The Mix (3:48)
- MA Section 11b - Mix Preparation #1: Creating Sub-mixes/Stems (Vocals) (8:32)
- MA Section 11c - Mix Preparation #2: Importing And Aligning The Stems (4:30)
- MA Section 11d - Mix Preparation #3: Setting Up Busses For Efficient Mixing (7:07)
- MA Section 11e - Mix Preparation #4: 3 Tricks To Speed Up Your Mixing (6:22)
- MA Section 11f - he Bus-Mix: Creating A First Good Overall Mix (13:45)
- MA Section 11g - Finalizing The Arrangement (5:36)
- MA Section 11h - The Detailed Mix 1: Depth – Creating A 3-Dimensional Mix (13:29)
- MA Section 11i - The Detailed Mix 2: Creating A Dynamic Mix With Automation. (18:13)
- MA Section 11j - Finalizing The Mix (8:42)